February 20, 2015
The MRE shelf life varies depending on storage conditions, see the chart below as a reference . For example, if kept at 60F (temperature controlled conditions), the shelf life of our product could reach 48 months. The standard for most of MRE manufacturers is 3 years shelf life at 80F from the date of assembly of the meals. Based on the above information and depending how the MRE’s are handle and stored once they leave the manufacturer’s premises, wholesomeness could exceed the initial 36 months from the day of assembly , normally printed on the boxes .
February 20, 2015
Every MRE case , components and individual MRE bags are stamped or embossed with a four MRE pack date code . The MRE Date Code or lot number can be used to determine the date of manufacturing and assembling . The first digit indicates the year of manufacturing . The next three digits show the day of manufacturing based on the Julian Calendar . For example : 3333 will read : the 333Th day ( November 29th ) of 2013 MRE Date Code is also known as LOT number . Some manufacturers use the term "Lot Number " instead
July 24, 2014
Think you know what XMRE is all about? Do you know just what MRE components are, how to prepare them and what they are good for? Good. We like that kind of confidence. Let's put that knowledge to the test to see just how close you've been paying attention. Answer the following questions about XMRE and meals ready to eat to see just how much you really know:
- How long can a human being survive without water?
- How long can we survive without food?
- What is the shelf life of our MRE components?
- True or false: Storing all of your emergency foods in one place is a good idea.
- True or false: XMRE only sells to the military and to non-profit organizations.
- In what situations should you use meals ready to eat?
- What is key in any disaster or emergency situation?
- A human can only go three days without water.
- We can survive three weeks without food.
- Our MRE components last for up to five years.
- False. You risk losing your entire food storage if something should cause it to be unusable. Store food in separate areas.
- False. XMRE meals ready to eat are available to any individual also.
- You can enjoy our shelf stable foods in any situation including camping, hiking or sitting on the couch if you'd like.
- Self-sufficiency is paramount during disaster or survival situations and MRE's allow you to be so.